LAYMAN'S SCHOOL OF TRAINING
POCKET GOSPEL PRESENTATION CHECKLIST
(Especially helpful to Hole 3 "Fishers of Men" graduates)
a. Their secular life.
b. Their church background.
c. Our church.
- MAY I ASK YOU A QUESTION?
d1. Q1: Have you come to the place in your spiritual life where you know for certain that if you were to die tonight you would go to heaven?
- The Bible is written that we may know that we have Eternal Life.
- MAY I SHARE WITH YOU HOW I MADE THIS MOST WONDERFUL DISCOVERY AND HOW YOU COULD KNOW IT TOO?
e. Testimony: Don't give away answer to Q2 - Give assurance of Eternal Life.
- MAY I ASK YOU A SECOND QUESTION?
d2. Q2: Suppose you were to die tonight and stand before God and He were to say to you, "Why should I let you into My Heaven?" What would your answer be?
- Repeat & confirm his answer.
- WHEN I CAME HERE TONIGHT I THOUGHT I MAY HAVE SOME 'GOOD NEWS' TO SHARE WITH YOU, BUT AFTER, BUT AFTER HEARING YOUR ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS I KNOW I HAVE THE GREATEST NEWS THAT YOU HAVE EVER HEARD IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.
II. THE GOSPEL:
a. Grace 1. Heaven is a free gift - the free gift of God is Eternal Life.
2. It is not earned or deserved - For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not as a result of works, that no-one should boast.
THIS CAN BE MORE CLEARLY SEEN WHEN WE UNDERSTAND WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT MAN.
b. Man 1. Man is a sinner - for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Three sins a day illustration.
Be perfect, even as your heavenly Father is perfect.
2. He cannot save himself by good works - Omelet with bad egg illustration.
THIS COMES INTO SHARPER FOCUS WHEN WE LOOK AT WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT GOD.
c. God 1. God is merciful - therefore doesn't want to punish us.
The Lord is full of compassion and is merciful - God is love.
2. God is also just - therefore must punish sin.
He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished.
GOD SOLVED THIS PROBLEM IN THE PERSON OF JESUS CHRIST.
d. Christ I would be interested in your opinion about Christ. Who do you think He is? What kind of person was He?
1. Who He is - the eternal God-man.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...
2. What He did - He paid for our sins & prepared a place in heaven for us which He offers as a free gift.
Briefly describe His Life, suffering & death - Record book of sin illustration - Explain Tetelestai.
In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
The free gift of God is Eternal Life…
THIS GIFT IS RECEIVED BY FAITH.
e. Faith 1. Faith is the Key to Heaven illustration
What it is not... (i) Mere Intellectual assent/Demons (ii) Mere Temporal faith.
2. What it is - trusting in Christ alone for the free gift of Eternal Life.
We should not trust in ourselves, but in God - He who has faith in the Son has Eternal Life.
Remind of his answer to Q2.
The Chair illustration - Explain motive for godly living - Beggar's hand illustration.
III. THE COMMITMENT:
a. Does this make sense to you?
- YOU HAVE JUST HEARD THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD, ABOUT THE GREATEST OFFER EVER MADE, BY THE GREATEST PERSON WHO EVER LIVED, AND THE QUESTION GOD IS ASKING YOU TONIGHT IS...
b. Would you like to receive the gift of Eternal Life?
c. LET ME CLARIFY THE IMPLICATIONS...
1) Transfer trust to Jesus Christ.
2) Receive the resurrected and living Christ.
3) Receive Christ as Savior.
4) Receive Christ as Lord.
5) Repent and become a responsible member of God's forever family.
- IF THIS IS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT, I CAN LEAD US IN PRAYER AND WE CAN TELL THE FATHER WHAT YOU HAVE JUST TOLD ME - THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE THE GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE. SHALL WE DO THAT NOW?
d. Lead in sinners prayer.
e. Ask him to read John 6:47 - he who believes on Me has Eternal Life.
- Re-ask Q2.
IV. IMMEDIATE DISCIPLESHIP:
a. Go through the 'My Decision' card - sign & date it.
b. Immediate Discipleship:- (1) Worship/Prayer (2) Word (3) Fellowship (4) Tell/I love Jesus.
c. No condemnation.
d. Sell Cell = Happy hour - Testimony - Family/Christ/Grow/Gifts - Enriched - Intern.
e. Appointment for church = Which service? - Sit with - Introduce leaders & friends.